Mom's One Line A Day - July
1 - It's so nice being here in Oklahoma. Aiden is getting so tan while Sam is getting so red. :) I've been giving them swim lessons every day. Hopefully they can doggie paddle by the time we go home.
2 - Sam likes to cuddle with Gwamma in bed every morning. She was drinking her ritual Mountain Dew and Sam asked if he could try some. She handed the bottle to him and he inspected it. First, he put his eye right in the opening to look at it. Then he sniffed it and declared, "It th'mells like chicken bwof!"
4 - My brothers, Rex, and Dad put on quite the fireworks show for everyone tonight. For safety, they told the kids not to cross a certain line in the cement. When Mason noticed Aiden jumping on the trampoline and scolded him for crossing the line, Aiden said, "But I didn't cross the line! I walked around it." Much too clever to be so young...
5 - The boys have been swimming in my parents' pool every day. Aiden's ball fell in to the pool. Sam saw it happen from his while in the shade, stood up fast, raised his little fist in the air, and shouted, "To the Wescue!!" and got the ball for Aiden.
6 - Aiden walks into the kitchen from the outside door and looks around. I ask his if he needs anything. He says, "Mom, I just need some stuff." "Okay, what kind of stuff?" "I just need some wood and stone...and 3 X-Rays...and an apricot." Trying to hold back a smile I informed him we were fresh out of that stuff. He then sighs, hangs his head and says, "I guess I can't build it then..." and goes back outside. I still have no idea what he was wanting to build.
7 - We went to church at my parents' ward today. In primary, Aiden kept saying he was bored. My dad - the primary pianist - asked him how his ward was different. Aiden said, "Well, it's square," (he makes some square gestures with his hands) "And the people are nicer." What??
8 - Cade is so funny when it comes to sitting in his high chair. He stiffens his legs and arches his back so he can't sit down. It's quite the struggle convincing him the high chair will help his tummy feel better!
9 - I taught Sam how to use his "weenie pocket" in his undies. At the aquarium today, he came running out of the bathroom to show me that HE DID IT!! So much for trying to be discreet...
10 - 'Gwamma' got the boys some slurpees today after playing at the splash pad. The had blue icees which game them ice power. Mine was red so I had fire power. Of course.
11 - I bought the boys squinkies, Gak, coloring books, candy. and trading cards in hopes that the plane ride tomorrow goes smoothly. Ony can only hope!
12 - We left Oklahoma at 6:30 this morning. While driving to the airport in the dark, Aiden said that he can see really well in the dark because of a computer chip in his neck. I'd love to spend a day in that kid's head.
13 - Aiden informed Rex and I that the reason he can't close his eyes during prayer time is because he has magic in his eyes and, during the prayer, that's when he let's it all out!
14 - Sam thinks it's hilarious when after burping and I ask him, "What do you say?" to reply with "Excuse me... DIAPER! HAHAHAH!"
15 - I took the boys on a bike ride today. Sam lost control on his bike and rolled out onto a busy street. That's when I realized that he didn't know how to brake with the pedals. Everything turned out fine, but we made sure to practice braking after that! Scary moment...
16 - Cade's crawling has progressed from ::arm, knee, scooch, belly flop, army crawl:: to full on crawling. Hooray for Cadester!!
17 - I picked Sam up and held him tonight. He said, "Look Mom!" and leaned back as far as he could. I about dropped him when he came back and said, "I'm Cade!" Yes, that is what Cade does, isn't it? :)
18 - I lost 4 pounds while on this military diet the past 3 days. I feel great, but will probably gain it all back after eating delightful junk food this weekend...
19 - Rex and I went to the temple for guidance. I'm feeling very burnt out with Rex being gone so much. Tha answer came that another opportunity is around the corner and to be patient. In the meantime we need to strengthen our relationship.
20 - Cade has started marching when you hold his hands standing up! He lifts his knees way up before putting his pudgy little leg down. It is simply adorable.
21 - My mom surprised me on the phone this morning by saying she was going to fly in tonight and help out for the week! Best surprise EVER!!
22 - Here's to the start of my busiest piano week so far. I have 3 summer camps every day plus my usual private lessons in the afternoons. So glad my mom is here!
23 - At dinner tonight, Aiden said he didn't want pizza because it wasn't healthy. I told him it was okay every once in a while. After eating a slice he said he was still hungry but didn't want more pizza. So I gave him apple slices. After finishing those and when he thought no one was looking, he snuck another pizza slice onto his plate.
24 - Thank goodness my mom is here to take care of the boys while I am teaching piano all week. They spent 4 hours at the children's museum today! It gave me such a nice break.
25 - After scolding Sam for not buckling his seat belt, he started crying, "I want my Gwamma!" from the back seat. That was a new one. Usually they cry for Rex by the end of the week. :)
26 - Sam's new hug of the week: The WIGGLE HUG! I hold him, he wraps his arms and legs around me, and he wiggles back and forth.
27 - Exhausted, but happy that Piano Camp went so well and is DONE. Rex took the boys swimming at Dixie's pool this afternoon. Aiden looked at McKenzie in her swim gear and said, "Wow! You have a hundred freckles!!"
28 - I swear it's impossible for Sam to whisper during church.
29 - Aiden was mad at me so he went outside to cool off. I got busy doing other things when Aiden came storming back in the house and declared, "I've been waiting for HOURS outside for Dad to come home!" Only Monday and they already want Rex... oy.
30- Who knew that the boys' favorite music to listen to on the way to the zoo would be Daft Punk? They are going to be quite the teenagers.
31 - After a 4 hour long test, Aiden was diagnosed with ADHD. Mixed feelings. Mainly worry, but what else is a mom to do??
Comments