the hair is awesome, no doubt, but I just can't get past those delicious cheeks! :) Brinly has fuzz, but it doesn't stick up quite like that. She does have 2 or 3 extremely long hairs...like 3-4 inches long, but have very strong roots, so it would be too mean to pull out. :)
Hey Edda! Do you remember me? Melissa Williamson (now Cramer)? We were in that awesome yoga class together! I found your blog through Diana...it's nice to see you so happy! I love the fuzzball too! Take care -- Melissa
Ladies and Gentlemen, We are please to present the littlest new member to team Phillips: Sam Richard Phillips Stats: Born 3:57 A.M. (PST) in Pleasanton, CA Weight: 4 lbs. 11 oz Length: 18.25 inches Story: Saturday night I went to bed at about 12:20 and shortly thereafter Edda got up to go to the bathroom, but found she was covered in blood. We managed not to freak out too much and got her to the hospital. She and Sam were both stable, but they wanted to keep her for observation. I dropped Aiden off with our friends (the Andrus clan) and came back. Edda started bleeding again and they lost track of Sam's heartbeat, so the call was made to do a C-section. What happened next was a blur. Edda was whisked away into the operating room and I was told to sit down in a chair. That was at 3:49 A.M. People started running and things got crazy. I was just waiting for someone to help me put on the funny shoes (I figured I didn't need the hat). Suddenly someone came out and told me ...
Here we are: the excited, tired, relieved parents of lil' Sam the Man. For those of you who don't know and are interested, I had Sam 7 weeks early. We think it happened because I had a marginal placenta previa (prone to excessive bleeding) and I had pushed myself while packing and getting ready for the big move. I have a hard time taking things easy apparently... Sam had a hard time breathing in the beginning. Within just a few days, however, he made a championship comeback and went from being on the respirator, to the CPAP (shown), to just the little nose thing that gives oxygen (same thing old men have.) He also had to get fed from a tube through his nose starting on the 2nd day. As you can see here, though, he proved himself again and got the tube removed to eat normally. What a man! Would you look at that hair! It's so blond it almost looks gray. It's also more hair than his older brother Aiden has now. I just can't get over how tin...
**DISCLAIMER** If you do not have children or have a weak stomach or are deciding whether or not to have children... you probably shouldn't read this post. And if you've been wondering about my parenting skills from the last couple posts, this one doesn't help my repertoire. It all started when I wanted to have a "Good Mommy Moment" and made chocolate pudding with Aiden before his nap. I told him that as soon as he woke up, the pudding would be done. So I put Aiden and Sam both down for their afternoon naps. It didn't last long. First, Aiden never went to sleep so I got him out after an hour or so. I gave him his pudding at the table, determined to keep a close watch on him so he'd keep his pudding in the kitchen. Then Sam started screaming. I ran upstairs to find him crying in his crib... with sticky, brown poop EVERYWHERE... on all the rungs on his crib, on the sheets, on his blanket, on his stuffed animals, on his bottle, all over his legs and ...
Comments