Garden Gnomes and Cowboys
OK, seriously can you get any cuter than this??? Talk about one adorable little garden gnome. I can't believe that Sam kept the hat and beard on for as long as he did. Aiden, on the other hand, refused to wear his Thomas the Train costume which HE picked out. We tried bribing, forcing, coaxing, you name it... but Aiden was deathly afraid of putting on that costume. (I don't blame him - Thomas the Train is just creepy with his shifty eyes and his inflated desire to please Sir Tuppinhat. I mean really, what kind of subliminal messages are they getting out to children these days??)
Ahem, but anyways, we missed our ward's Trunk or Treat since Rex was flying in that night so we went to Rex's parents' ward Chili Cook-off instead. We settled with Aiden wearing last year's Woody the Cowboy costume since we could force him into it and he couldn't take it off. (What terrible parents we are! "You WILL enjoy Halloween, son, or else!")
I think he caught the vision once he saw everyone else dressed up in their costumes. In fact, there was another Woody who kept chasing him around all night. It was a match made in heaven.
There were lots of carnival games for the kiddos to play and Grandma Dixie was even in charge of one. Aiden really liked Halloween Bingo with Great Aunt Marilyn and Great Uncle Ray. When Marilyn gave him a spider ring as his prize for winning, Aiden screamed instantly and threw it back at her. Talk about funny! After the games, we went out into the parking lot and went Trunk or Treating. Rex manned our van so I carried Sam and tried keeping up with Aiden.
The week before Halloween, the boys and I went through a dry run of what trick or treating would be like. I dressed them in their costumes and taught them to say, "Trick or Treat! Thank you!" (Trying to be a good mom here!) But when the big night came, Aiden in his excitement could only manage saying, "Moh Canny!" ("more candy") while thrusting his jack-o-lantern bucket in their faces... oh well, there's always next year.
Comments