It's Not What It Looks Like!
So I had a rough night last night and wasn't feeling so hot today, so I left a message with one of my piano moms to say that I was canceling today's lesson. She must not have gotten the message because at 4:15 my 8-year-old student promptly walks into my home...ahem, I mean... walks into UTTER CHAOS.
As I said, I wasn't feeling well so I made absolutely no effort to tidy up the place all day. (Imagine a toppled ironing board in the middle of the living room with toast crusts sprinkled here and there, followed by rambunctious toddlers covered in ketchup destroying everything in sight.)
In my panic at this impromptu lesson, I call my teenage neighbor to help tame the children and tidy up. As I'm waiting for her to come, I restrain Sam in my lap and try to get Aiden distracted with something other than the piano. He eventually found a long piece of rope he was playing with earlier and begs me to hold one end while he played with the other. A few minutes later I look over to see what Aiden had done to the other end of the rope. Turns out he had wound himself up in it. Cute.
And then the babysitter walks in.
So there I am pinning down a screaming Sam in my lap while holding onto a piece of rope attached to a tied-up Aiden from head to foot. All while trying to teach a piano lesson.
Such a good mommy moment.
As I said, I wasn't feeling well so I made absolutely no effort to tidy up the place all day. (Imagine a toppled ironing board in the middle of the living room with toast crusts sprinkled here and there, followed by rambunctious toddlers covered in ketchup destroying everything in sight.)
In my panic at this impromptu lesson, I call my teenage neighbor to help tame the children and tidy up. As I'm waiting for her to come, I restrain Sam in my lap and try to get Aiden distracted with something other than the piano. He eventually found a long piece of rope he was playing with earlier and begs me to hold one end while he played with the other. A few minutes later I look over to see what Aiden had done to the other end of the rope. Turns out he had wound himself up in it. Cute.
And then the babysitter walks in.
So there I am pinning down a screaming Sam in my lap while holding onto a piece of rope attached to a tied-up Aiden from head to foot. All while trying to teach a piano lesson.
Such a good mommy moment.
Comments