Mom's One Line A Day - November and December

NOVEMBER

1 - Aiden now asks if he can stand next to my tummy and not me. :) t<10 days to go!!
2 - Slipped on a toy and fell on my bum today in the kitchen.  Had to go to the hospital to make sure everything was okay. 
3 - Ended up staying overnight at the hospital.  On the brink of labor, but no baby yet.
4 - Hooray! My mom's here!!
5 - Aiden and Sam both took turns poking my belly this morning and saying, "Oh Cade! Time to come out!"
6 - SERIOUSLY CADE.  ANY DAY NOW...
7 - In the car: Mom: "Look, Sam, at those two fire trucks!"
                      Sam: "That'th kinda weird."
8 - n/a
9 - Cramping lots today.  I think this baby is coming for real this time.
10 - WELCOME BABY CADE! Born November 9 at 11:24 PM.  7lb 12 oz, 19.5" long.  Beautiful baby!
11 - Discharged from the hospital this afternoon.  I know I should be exhausted, but I'm on such a high! I love this little baby and still can't believe that he's finally here.
12 - I am so glad my mom is here! Not only does she take care of Aiden and Sam, she plans outings for them, cleans, cooks dinner for us, and still manages to knit a baby blessing blanket for Cade.  She is one amazing lady!
13 - Cade is a cute, smiley baby.  He gets a smirk on his face when I pick him up to feed him.  He makes me laugh already.
14 - n/a
15 - Aiden and Sam are SO excited to have a new little brother.  They help me pat his back and laugh when Cade burps.  They're getting better at being gentle around him.
16 - I just love holding and gazing at my new little miracle.  He is so beautiful and perfect.
17 - Days are all a blur to me.  I love this new little baby although last night and today have been really rough.  Clogged ducts and staying up for 5 hours in the middle of the night is not fun.
18 - Rex gave me a beautiful blessing of comfort tonight.  He said that Heavenly Father will tale care of me just as I take care of my children, and that He'll help me know what to do to help them.
19 - Little Cade is having tummy issues.  Lots of screaming and tears. Heavenly Father is helping me, though, and I found a tummy massage online that seemed to work - along with gripe water and a baby rice pad.
20 - I'm glad that Aiden says what he's thinking.  While I was feeding Cade, he was trying to talk to me and exasperatedly said, "Look at me!" I didn't mean to ignore him - glad he pointed it out!
21 - All the family is coming here for Thanksgiving!!  We're going to bless Cade since everyone will be here.  I'm so happy!
22 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  We celebrated Thanksgiving with the greatest start - blessing Cade.  I am so glad he's here and healthy.
23 - All the family left today.  Now I'm exhausted!  It was such a nice treat to have them here though, and so awesome that they came to see Cade.  I love my family!
24 - Aiden asked me if I could put the baby back in my tummy.  I think the novelty is starting to wear off... oh dear.
25 - I was able to teach junior and senior primary music today.  Good to get out.
26 - So.  Very.  Tired.....yawn....
27 - Happy Birthday, Rex!  The boys and I spent the morning making a card for Rex along with some coffee cake.  They were so excited to surprise Rex when he woke up.
28 - n/a
29 - Me: Aiden, how many times do I have to tell you not to touch that??
       Aiden: .....like 45.
30 - After three years, I finally got to decorate a Christmas tree in a peppermint and gingerbread theme.  Yay!!

DECEMBER
1 - Went to Grandma Dixie's this morning for her annual Cookie Party.  Aiden was much more artsy decorating his cookies this year.  Sam was just in it for the extreme sugar intake as usual.
2 - Stayed home from church today because poor little Cade has a bad cold and pink eye.
3 - Introduced "Elf on the Shelf" with the boys tonight.  Everything that could go wrong did.  We had a good laugh, though, even if the elf fell from his spot, ended up being named Fondle (changed to Foddle), and Sam is scared to death of him.
4 - Aiden learned to ride his bike without training wheels today!  It was all his idea, too.  What a brave boy!
5 - Sam calls elevators "alligators."  It makes for funny glances from people at the doctors office when he asks to "ride da alligator."
6 - I started teaching piano again.  Life is slowly starting to get back to normal again.
7 - My hormones are striking back.  Lots of emotional roller coasters today.
8 - We finished putting up the Christmas lights this afternoon.  Yay!
9 - We woke up to beautiful snow today.
10 - Aiden wanted to help me shovel the snow this morning.  He shoveled two strips then declared the job done.  When he noticed I hadn't even started yet, he said, "Mom, I did all the work!"
11 - Foddle the elf fell off his spying spot today.  Aiden noticed that was a tag on the elf's back and said, "A tag?? He's a toy!"  Oh boy, we have a smart kid on our hands...
12 - I am getting so excited to start my piano business officially!
13 - Rex's neck has been really sore so I sewed him a nexk and shoulder rice pad.  In my excitement to give it to him, I slipped on the stairs and bruised my tailbone.  What a clutz.
14 - My heart is so heavy thinking about the shooting in Connecticut today.  Twenty children.  What kind of world is this?? I can't even imagine what the parents are going through right now.
15 - Temple night with Rex and dinner afterwards with our Kotter friends.  Great first date since having Cade!
16 - Cade slept through the night!  Five weeks ain't bad!!
17 - First day without any help handling all three boys.  Not as bad as I thought...
18 - It's amazing how having a baby in the house is helping Aiden and Sam become more independent.  They're both realizing that they can do a lot more now that they're the big boys of the house.
19 - Aiden: I'm the tallest boy in the world!
       Sam:  Yeah, but I da smartest.
20 - Well I survived my first week with Rex gone and now he's back.  Yay! I also went to the doctor's today for my 6 week checkup.  When asked what Cade's middle name was, I couldn't remember and stumbled for 30 seconds trying.  I am so brain dead.
21 - I took the boys to see Santa today at the outlet Mall.  First thing Aiden does when he sees Santa: says "I want a gun" and walks back to me.  No sitting on his lap.  Sam walks up and says, "Look at my sticky gloves!"  Weird kids...
22 - Rex took the boys to Dixie's to help do the prep work for their traditional egg rolls.  Aiden was intrigued by the food processor and told me what every piece to "this bad boy" could do. :)
23 - Put together a sharing/singing time Nativity program for Primary today.  So much work and my helpers got the stomach flu and couldn't come.  Thank goodness for Rex to save me in a pinch.
24 - Stayed up until 1AM putting together a trampoline for the boys in 10 degree weather in the snow with Rex.  SO.  COLD.
25 - Spent a fun morning opening and playing with all our new toys, then rushed over to Red Rocks park for family pictures with the whole clan, then back to Dixie's for a second Christmas. Yay!
26 - It makes me sad when other people don't understand my boys, especially Aiden and think they're just too wild.  He's an energetic HAPPY boy who just needs guidance.  Not constant scoldings and punishments.
27 - 31 n/a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown