Pnemonia, an Ambulance Ride, and CADE

On January 3rd I noticed that Cade had a fever so I called the doctor.  They told me to take him to the ER since fevers before 3 months can be bad news for babies.  I did and was completely surprised when they told me that he had pneumonia in his right lung.  Poor little baby!  They poked and prodded him relentlessly and even did a spinal tap on the poor guy.  Then we took an ambulance to the children's hospital downtown and stayed for two days while waiting for lab results.  He must have screamed most of the pneumonia out because once we got to the hospital his fever broke and he resumed being a happy baby.   Rex took a flight home early (he's traveling to Missouri now for another role every week) and Dixie (Rex's mom) saved the day by taking care of Aiden and Sam and bringing me my phone charger, toothbrush, and clothes.  I missed Aiden's birthday on the 5th since we still had to stay at the hospital, but my parents happened to be driving through town and helped Rex throw a good party for Aiden's fifth birthday.  More of that to come later.


 
 
 

Cade got some cuddle time with Grandma when he got home from the hospital. 
 

Sam just cracks me up with his laid-back attitude.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown