Oklahoma Part 2: Day to Day
1. this boy sure
loves to learn. He started thumbing through the fiction books
halfheartedly at the library today until I showed him the nonfiction kids area. He eagerly
picked out 4 books in less than a minute and dug right through them!
2. I'm starting to wonder if I should get Sam checked for thyroid problems. Even in 95 degree weather Sam will be shivering and cold at bedtime (thermostat set to 75) or anywhere indoors.
4. Rex: do you know what today is?
Aiden: yes, it's father day!
R: do you know what that means?
A: yep! It means you do nothing and we only listen to mom.
6. At the movie theater (seeing "Inside Out") overheard from the boys bathroom.
Sam: is that movie weal?
Aiden: I think so.
Sam: I like it. I hope it's weal.
10. Sam is such a good big brother to Cade. He often says, "Don't worry mom. I'll take care of Cade" when I'm trying to get Cade to calm down for bedtime or at library story time. Sam rubs his back and coaches Cade through any instructions he's given.

11. Aiden loves to listen and laugh with people. His eyes light up and laughs whole-heartedly when they tell a story or joke.
12. Cade is very independent. And way too smart. Grandma has a lock on the outside freezer door, but does that stop Cade from sneaking a few Popsicles? Oh no. Cade finds a chair or any other sturdy object with height and drags it over to the freezer so he can unlock the door. Then he hops off the chair and helps himself to the Popsicles. About 10 times a day. We put the chairs high up, but he still manages to get the door unlocked. Still can't figure out what he used.

14. Aiden and Sam have discovered checkers and chess. They soon learned that I am much better at then than they are. So now they ask me to come play a new version called "Check". It basically allows them to make up rules on the spot to make sure I lose majorly and they appear to be geniuses. They crack me up. Calvin ball!!
16. Setting: Aiden and Sam playing some kind of made up game.
A: Sam, you can't do that. If you can't play by my rules then you can't play at all.
S: But Aiden… I want to destroy you!
17. I love it when I hold Cade and he plays with my hair behind my back.
18. I had a stroke of genius this morning. For every 10 weeds the boys pulled, they earned 5 minutes of video game time. Aiden was so happy and motivated at first. Sam was not. Then it flip flopped when Sam finally understood that he wouldn't be able to play games later if he didn't work. Aiden by then had picked over 100 weeds and was a little burnt out.
2. I'm starting to wonder if I should get Sam checked for thyroid problems. Even in 95 degree weather Sam will be shivering and cold at bedtime (thermostat set to 75) or anywhere indoors.
3. Cade loves to play in cars. He discovered Grandma Jeanie's sunroof and excitedly shouted, "SURPRISE!" (or something that was supposed to be that) when we walked by.
4. Rex: do you know what today is?
Aiden: yes, it's father day!
R: do you know what that means?
A: yep! It means you do nothing and we only listen to mom.
5. The boys really liked the Mexican wrestling masks we got as souvenirs for them. :)
6. At the movie theater (seeing "Inside Out") overheard from the boys bathroom.
Sam: is that movie weal?
Aiden: I think so.
Sam: I like it. I hope it's weal.
7. The swing in the front yard has been a hit this summer with the boys. Whenever I lost track of Cade - either inside or outside - I usually found him at the swing.
8. Cade loves his grandma Jeanie! When I was about to put him down for bed, I told him to say goodnight to grandma Jeanie. He clawed his way until he was in her lap. When I peeled him off, he yelled out desperately, "JEA-NIE!!"
8. Cade loves his grandma Jeanie! When I was about to put him down for bed, I told him to say goodnight to grandma Jeanie. He clawed his way until he was in her lap. When I peeled him off, he yelled out desperately, "JEA-NIE!!"
9. Sam is into a money phase
right now. He counts and recounts his allowance quarters almost every day
(if not more than once in a day!) I'd
be worried about him getting greedy, but he is very giving of it.
He told Aiden that if he worked well with the other kids in his group at
Camp Invention, that he would give Aiden a dollar. And if Aiden wasn't
good, he would only give him a quarter. :-)
10. Sam is such a good big brother to Cade. He often says, "Don't worry mom. I'll take care of Cade" when I'm trying to get Cade to calm down for bedtime or at library story time. Sam rubs his back and coaches Cade through any instructions he's given.
11. Aiden loves to listen and laugh with people. His eyes light up and laughs whole-heartedly when they tell a story or joke.
(Cade found this bike helmet and put it on when he was swimming in the pool one day. You can never be too careful!)
12. Cade is very independent. And way too smart. Grandma has a lock on the outside freezer door, but does that stop Cade from sneaking a few Popsicles? Oh no. Cade finds a chair or any other sturdy object with height and drags it over to the freezer so he can unlock the door. Then he hops off the chair and helps himself to the Popsicles. About 10 times a day. We put the chairs high up, but he still manages to get the door unlocked. Still can't figure out what he used.
13. Every morning at Grandma
Jeanies house, Aiden wakes up and takes a walk around the backyard on the
trail grandpa built. I love how he
sees beauty and seeks solace anywhere he goes.
14. Aiden and Sam have discovered checkers and chess. They soon learned that I am much better at then than they are. So now they ask me to come play a new version called "Check". It basically allows them to make up rules on the spot to make sure I lose majorly and they appear to be geniuses. They crack me up. Calvin ball!!
15. Sam lost his first tooth! From the looks of this picture, it looks like Aiden is about to lose all of his teeth from the amount of sugar he's been sneaking!
16. Setting: Aiden and Sam playing some kind of made up game.
A: Sam, you can't do that. If you can't play by my rules then you can't play at all.
S: But Aiden… I want to destroy you!
17. I love it when I hold Cade and he plays with my hair behind my back.
18. I had a stroke of genius this morning. For every 10 weeds the boys pulled, they earned 5 minutes of video game time. Aiden was so happy and motivated at first. Sam was not. Then it flip flopped when Sam finally understood that he wouldn't be able to play games later if he didn't work. Aiden by then had picked over 100 weeds and was a little burnt out.
19. My mom took us to the Planetarium today. Who knew that Tulsa had one?! In the entrance there was a giant mosaic of Einstein. Turns out it was made from Rubics cubes only. The boys thought it was pretty cool!
Comments