Smart, Silly, & Sporty Boys

Aiden worked very hard on his tornado project for school. He was to include facts about tornadoes on his project, so when I checked them I read some I didn't know.  When I asked him about them, he said, "Yeah, I kinda made that up."  I then showed him how to use Google to find TRUE facts about tornadoes. :-)

Sam has been working very hard learning how to read.  He comes home every night with 3-4 books to read and a writing assignment.  It's hard work but he's getting better and better!!


And Cade is just plain silly - from diaper hats to funny faces. When he's not being a goofball he crashes in the most uncomfortable places, like a Kohl's shopping cart!




Aiden's very first cub scout activity was the Pinewood Derby.  Rex - ahem, I mean, AIDEN - researched how best to make his car the bestest and the fastest.  Turns out all the other dads - I mean cub scouts - did the same research and it was some pretty fierce competition.  Aiden did a happy dance and hugged everyone when he won the first round (thinking he had won the entire race) but was a bit upset when he ended up not even placing in the final round.  Life's hard like that.


After Soccer Buddies on a Saturday morning, we thought we'd walk across the field to play on the playground.  Aiden and Sam surprised me, though, when they changed their minds and wanted to do the 200 step challenge up the hill instead.  I wasn't really prepared for that, but we made it and I am so proud that Aiden and Sam like to challenge their bodies.

Oh, and it's been crazy windy lately so we've dusted off the ol' dragon kite and gave it a whirl.


Comments