Last of Summer Snippets

 
 

The boys and I found a cute green worm hiding in our garage one sunny afternoon, which entranced them for a good 30 minutes.  I was so impressed with how gently they handled the worm and loved hearing their giggles as it tickled their skin.
 


We went on several Lunchable picnics this summer, usually after shopping as a treat for being good.

 
 
 
 We were invited by one of Sam's preschool friends to a cowboy themed birthday party at the park, complete with pony rides!

 
 
 

Our basement bathroom finally got finished!  I had a ton of fun decorating and painting it. The navy blue walls are a bit darker than I was hoping for, but there's no way I'm repainting it now!

 


My garden did pretty well this year! It's amazing what good soil will do.  That scrawny zucchini plant I bought at the beginning of June eventually took over half the garden and supplied us with way too many zukes.  I think it's no coincidence that 'zuke' rhymes with 'puke'.  (or does it...?)  Either way, this may be the last zucchini plant I will ever plant again.  The tomatoes did great the 2 weeks leading up to our first frost.... silly Colorado and its short growing season.  We made some delicious salsa, though, so it was all worth it.

 

I'm not sure why, but Sam must feel unsafe in the car as I drive because he is constantly telling me, "I hold on tight!!" while he grabs the handle above his head.  Maybe he's just excited he can finally reach it.  Who knows...
 

Sam got a nasty stomach bug a week after school started.  This is him in the fetal position, waiting for Daddy to get home with the Pepto Bismol.  Poor little guy.



And now that the cold weather has finally hit us, I've been busy swapping out the summer clothes for the winter ones.  Sam LOVED that he was just the right size to hide in the bins. :)  (Yeah, I think there's a sticker on every box saying NOT to do this, but he could get out easily and I was nearby...)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown