November: A Month of Bumps, Laughter, and Teeth
We've continued going to the park after school even though it's starting to get cold. Cade is loving that he can somewhat play with the boys now instead of just staying in the swings, my arms, or the stroller.

This is a screenshot from my phone when the boys and my mom did Face Time. They are all smiles and laughter the whole time. Aiden and Sam fight over who gets their head in the screen more or who can show Gwamma the best trick. It's a hoot watching all this go down!
This is what our prayer circle looks like on the nights that Rex is out of town. Aiden and Sam make sure that Daddy's place is filled with some other valued treasure. This night it was their fish from the bathtub. Other nights it's been dinosaurs, the Hulk figurine (they even knelt him up), or even their favorite story book. It's pretty cute.
While I was out grocery shopping, Cade got hungry. I didn't quite get the hint until he tried to drink the entire gallon of milk I put in the cart. Chug! Chug! Chug!!
Aiden is starting to spell and read! He left me this message with the bath crayons one night. In case you can't read Kindergartner, it says (according to Aiden): "Maybe we could take a bath tomorrow too." He spelled "maybe" pretty close! I think he fizzled out toward the end, though. :)
Poor Sam got quite the shiner at Grandma Dixie's house when he took a flying leap head-first towards the play mat. He would have had a soft landing had it not been for Aiden who shoved him mid-air, causing a course-change straight into the edge of the table leg. He still looks like an abused child to this day.
I tried having some quality one-on-one time with Cade when he wasn't feeling good. I think I made him feel worse. Note to self: 12 months is still too young to carry an attention span all the way through a book.


And finally, AIDEN LOST HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! He complained Saturday that his tooth hurt. Being the sympathetic mother I am, I told him to brush his teeth more. Turns out the tooth was loose (not rotten) and pulled it out during Sacrament meeting the next day at church. While trying to capture this milestone with pictures that night, I asked him to show me a toothy smile. It came out more of a terrified grimace, but I thought it was too funny not to include on here. (There's that sympathy again.) I got a better shot of him the next day in the car.
My little boy is growing up!
Comments