Mom's One Line a Day - April 2014
1 - Cade is finally starting to feel better. He had his "happy tongue" out and everything. :)
2 - Sam is so expressive when he talks. His eyes go wide, his forehead wrinkles, his mouth contorts into funny little shapes, and his hands act out the words. It is just so gosh darn cute watching him work so hard to put his excitement into words. ;)
3 - In Sam's prayer: "And pweeze bwess us that we can go to Okwahoma tomorrow..."
5 - Cade is such a cute little snuggle bug. He had a Velcro Day today - didn't want to leave my side.
6 - General Conference today. While trying to match the apostles' pictures in a packet to what they saw on the TV, Sam kept saying, "OH! I see the guy wif no hair!!" And would mark a completely different person on his sheet. :) Baldies. They all look the same. :)
7 - Aiden is sick. So sick that he voluntarily takes naps! Talk about jaw-dropping shock.
8 - All 3 children were up at some point from 3am-6am. Aiden was throwing up. Cade was wide awake. And Sam was screaming bloody murder because his blanket fell off. Sigh...
9 - Got done teaching piano at 6:30 this evening. I asked the boys what they wanted for dinner. They couldn't agree on anything. After much persuasion and compromise, they agreed on scrambled eggs and tomato soup. Cade played with the dirty spatula that stirred the eggs and broke into hives. I put him in the bath where he then pooped in the water when I stepped out of the bathroom. All in a day's work.
10 - Aiden went back to school today since being sick 4 days ago, and it completely wiped him out. He had a 4 1/2 hour nap!! When he woke up he said with tears in his eyes, "It's dark! I didn't get to do anything! POOR MEEEEEE!"
11 - Cade, once he conquered walking, is on to conquering running. You can tell he's in running mode by how fast he pumps his left arm back and forth - not necessarily by how fast his feet are. So cute.
12 - Went to Stake Women's Conference today with Lesa. It was so good and made me want to be better at serving others.
13 - Aiden: I'm six and a half
Rex: No, you're six and a quarter
Aiden: No, I'm six and a half because last year I was below Gramma Jeanie's boobs and this year I'm above them!
14 - Aiden is convinced that I dye my hair red because red is my favorite color. So he asked me today if he could dye his hair blue since that's his favorite color. Thankfully he got distracted before I could answer and he hasn't mentioned it since.
15 - Had some drama today with a false positive pregnancy test. Made me realize that I am not ready for baby #4, if ever.
16 - I am so thankful that I have such a loving, kind, and supportive husband. I don't realize how good I have it until I hear how some husbands treat their wives. So sad.
17 - Aiden: Mom, I think I have 2 nicknames.
Me: Really? What are they?
Aiden: Well, Aiden Bear. And then "A"den. That way when people call me "A"den it just my nickname and it's okay!
18 - Spent a crazy morning running around to various appointments and then spent the rest of the day cleaning out the garage. Ahh... work is so good for the soul. :)
19 - Cade wants to be a big boy like his brothers. He gets offended now if you hand him a sippy cup instead of a real cup. :)
20 - Cade has learned how to make farting sounds using his arm and blowing raspberries into it - just like his brothers! Joy. Now there are 3 fake and real farters in the house.
22- Aiden and Sam were comparing heights and realized that Sam was almost the same size as Aiden. Sam excitedly exclaimed, "I'M FIVE!!!" Not yet, bud. During family prayer that night, Aiden said, "And thankful for Sam will be older than me someday."
29 - Cade has taken to carrying the step stool around the house so he can reach more things. Genius kid.
30 - Sam: Mom! I ate all my breakfast. That means I'm FIVE now!"
later that day after preschool
Sam: Mom! I grew because I ate all my snack and now I'm five!
Me: It doesn't work that way, Bud. (I feel like I'm repeating that phrase a lot lately.)
2 - Sam is so expressive when he talks. His eyes go wide, his forehead wrinkles, his mouth contorts into funny little shapes, and his hands act out the words. It is just so gosh darn cute watching him work so hard to put his excitement into words. ;)
3 - In Sam's prayer: "And pweeze bwess us that we can go to Okwahoma tomorrow..."
5 - Cade is such a cute little snuggle bug. He had a Velcro Day today - didn't want to leave my side.
6 - General Conference today. While trying to match the apostles' pictures in a packet to what they saw on the TV, Sam kept saying, "OH! I see the guy wif no hair!!" And would mark a completely different person on his sheet. :) Baldies. They all look the same. :)
7 - Aiden is sick. So sick that he voluntarily takes naps! Talk about jaw-dropping shock.
8 - All 3 children were up at some point from 3am-6am. Aiden was throwing up. Cade was wide awake. And Sam was screaming bloody murder because his blanket fell off. Sigh...
9 - Got done teaching piano at 6:30 this evening. I asked the boys what they wanted for dinner. They couldn't agree on anything. After much persuasion and compromise, they agreed on scrambled eggs and tomato soup. Cade played with the dirty spatula that stirred the eggs and broke into hives. I put him in the bath where he then pooped in the water when I stepped out of the bathroom. All in a day's work.
10 - Aiden went back to school today since being sick 4 days ago, and it completely wiped him out. He had a 4 1/2 hour nap!! When he woke up he said with tears in his eyes, "It's dark! I didn't get to do anything! POOR MEEEEEE!"
11 - Cade, once he conquered walking, is on to conquering running. You can tell he's in running mode by how fast he pumps his left arm back and forth - not necessarily by how fast his feet are. So cute.
12 - Went to Stake Women's Conference today with Lesa. It was so good and made me want to be better at serving others.
13 - Aiden: I'm six and a half
Rex: No, you're six and a quarter
Aiden: No, I'm six and a half because last year I was below Gramma Jeanie's boobs and this year I'm above them!
14 - Aiden is convinced that I dye my hair red because red is my favorite color. So he asked me today if he could dye his hair blue since that's his favorite color. Thankfully he got distracted before I could answer and he hasn't mentioned it since.
15 - Had some drama today with a false positive pregnancy test. Made me realize that I am not ready for baby #4, if ever.
16 - I am so thankful that I have such a loving, kind, and supportive husband. I don't realize how good I have it until I hear how some husbands treat their wives. So sad.
17 - Aiden: Mom, I think I have 2 nicknames.
Me: Really? What are they?
Aiden: Well, Aiden Bear. And then "A"den. That way when people call me "A"den it just my nickname and it's okay!
18 - Spent a crazy morning running around to various appointments and then spent the rest of the day cleaning out the garage. Ahh... work is so good for the soul. :)
19 - Cade wants to be a big boy like his brothers. He gets offended now if you hand him a sippy cup instead of a real cup. :)
20 - Cade has learned how to make farting sounds using his arm and blowing raspberries into it - just like his brothers! Joy. Now there are 3 fake and real farters in the house.
22- Aiden and Sam were comparing heights and realized that Sam was almost the same size as Aiden. Sam excitedly exclaimed, "I'M FIVE!!!" Not yet, bud. During family prayer that night, Aiden said, "And thankful for Sam will be older than me someday."
29 - Cade has taken to carrying the step stool around the house so he can reach more things. Genius kid.
30 - Sam: Mom! I ate all my breakfast. That means I'm FIVE now!"
later that day after preschool
Sam: Mom! I grew because I ate all my snack and now I'm five!
Me: It doesn't work that way, Bud. (I feel like I'm repeating that phrase a lot lately.)
This is what I look forward to seeing every morning after dropping the boys off to school.
Gramma Jeanie got the boys Crocs for Easter along with this fossil dig egg thing for the boys. It kept Aiden busy the rest of the day! He took it quite seriously, as you can tell, with his safety goggles.
I spent an afternoon cleaning out the front yard. Cade loved watching me weed and soon took to mimicking me, except the weed part. That "weed" bucket was so heavy by the end from all the rocks he put in there!
Cade is all boy and has discovered driving already. He loves to play in the van while I'm working outside.
Comments