Colorado Beauty
Colorado is so beautiful! I have really come to appreciate this fact just recently, due to an amazing friend. Here are some pics I took just in September from some hikes I went on and from our backyard.
Rex and I took the boys out to Devil's Head one Saturday where Aiden and Sam made it their personal goal to find the best hiking stick. Aiden's was a little large.
This is our backyard view. I love looking out here anytime time of day or year - I love watching the storms move in and the beautiful sunsets. I couldn't be luckier!
This is from a hike I went on with Annika before she moved at Spruce Mountain. She always had her daughter with her and I always had Cade as our little hiking buddies. Annika is my friend who got me exploring and enjoying Colorado - one of the best gifts I could have ever asked for!
For a while, we tried to hike Castle Rock every Wednesday when we could. It was great exercise as well as great girl time!
This was the first hike that Cade walked for some of it. Annika and I took a morning outing to Colorado Springs to hike on this really pretty urban trail.
This was an AMAZING double rainbow (can't see it in the pic) that was across the street from our house. Annika called me on my phone and told me to go outside fast to see this beauty. This picture doesn't even do it justice because the whole sky was GOLDEN. Absolutely breathtaking.
And yet another sunset from our view. Gorgeous.
Annika and I would hike this trail together with all the kids to school in the mornings before she moved. The boys and I still try to take it when we can. It's just a nice 7 minute hike to school through this beautiful open space trail that I had no idea existed until this year. After I drop off the boys, I sometimes continue on the trail with Cade.
Comments