Aiden's Adorable Preschool Graduation

 

First off, I absolutely LOVED the graduation caps they had on the kids.  Just a paper bowl glued to a square of cardstock.  Genius.  I'm not sure who the kid next to Aiden is, but apparently they were good friends this year. 
And might I just brag a bit about Aiden.  For those of you who have never met Aiden in person, he's always been a bit of a challenge.  He just thinks and acts differently than most kids.  Nothing diagnosed - just a "Developmental Delays" label the doctor gave him.  When we first put him in preschool, he couldn't sit by himself on the floor at circle time without restraint or something to occupy his hands and he had a very hard time following directions or even repeating back sounds and words.  I knew he was a smart smart boy (I mean, just look at his problem solving skills when he wanted to escape the house) but school "things" just weren't clicking for him, especially on the communication level.  Now, however, he has come leaps and bounds in the year and a half he's been in school.  He listens much better; he can follow multiple step directions; he talks much clearer (though we still have a ways to go); has a bigger vocabulary; he can sit still all on his own for a much longer period of time; and he has generally mellowed out a lot more than where he used to be (much fewer temper tantrums.)  So HALLELUIA to Preschool!  Not only has it helped Aiden be able to communicate what he wants and feels, it has helped out my stress level at home.
 

The happy couple :) 
Sam will be joining the preschool ranks next year and is so ready for it! All of Aiden's preschool friends and teachers know Sam by name so Sam just feels part of the gang already. 
 

This is Aiden's main teacher at Preschool who I just LOVE.  At the beginning of the year she said that mothers can sense which adults generally care for their children and she was absolutely right.  I feel that she just LOVES Aiden and all his quirks. She has been so good for him - pushing him to grow but understanding enough to back off when he needed a break.

And now for some videos.  I love the first one of Aiden singing because he was practically yelling the words out so much that his friend Jake to the left of him stopped to tell him to be quiet. :)  He obviously didn't know the rest of the song because he stopped singing after the first verse.



And the second video by far is my favorite.  I just love how sing-songy his voice is when answering the questions and how he can make a room full of adults and kids laugh.  He cracks me up.  I just love my Big Boy Aiden Bear!



 Teacher: What did you learn in preschool this year?
Aiden: UUuuuuuh, criss-cross apple-.... falls down when trying to cross his legs standing up
             I FELL ON MY BUM!!!
Teacher: Let's try that again, folks
Aiden: Criss-cross applesauce
Teacher: And where should your hands be?
Aiden: In your lap
Teacher: What kind of a mouth should we have in circle time?
Aiden: Quiet mouth.  Listening ears.
Teacher: Where should your eyes be?
Aiden: On the teacher
Teacher: Congratulations!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown