Mother's Day/ Father's Day/ My Birthday


I must be getting old and calloused because Days for Rex and I just don't seem as important anymore.  Mother's Day happened.  I'm a great mom apparently.  Father's Day happened.  Rex is an awesome dad.  And I turned 28.  I'm old.

The End


Oh yeah, and our 7 year anniversary happened somewhere in there.  Oy, that's bad. But at least we're happily in love.

The Super End


**DISCLAIMER ADDENDUM**

So after posting the above...post, my husband pointed out that it sounded like I was a very bitter person and didn't have a good month.  So this is my disclaimer.  I was not bitter when I wrote that, merely lazy and didn't want to write out four holidays' worth of events.  Also, when I did write it, it was at 6:30pm when I was very tired, cranky, and not looking forward to putting the boys to bed.  I think most mothers will understand what that time of the evening feels like.

So now that the boys are asleep and I've watched a couple episodes of Smallville, I can readdress those holidays with a much better attitude.

MOTHER'S DAY was terrific.  Rex spent two days preparing for my mother's day feast for his mom, sister, and me.  He made genuine French Bread and French Onion Soup.  It was delicious and also my personal favorite dish.  And of course he took care of the boys and let me sleep in.  Bless you, dear hubby.

FATHER'S DAY happened a day early at our house since Rex had to fly out on Sunday.  The boys made him a cute card that they filled in the lines with their answers.  Such as:
  • My Dad is three years old
  • My dad is really strong, he could lift a rock. (Hand gestures of something really large being lifted over their heads.)
  • My dad's favorite food is a sandwich.
  • My dad always says, "oo oo ah ah" (like a monkey...??)
  • My dad's job is carrying stuff. (My personal favorite)
  • My dad and I like to play rocket game .
  • My dad really loves kissing. (Amen, boys!)
We also gave him an electric knife (since I threw his out when we were first married and got in a cleaning frenzy) and the movie "Kung Fu Panda 2" (since Rex had to leave the movie early when he took the boys and all they wanted to do was run around the theater.)

MY BIRTHDAY was quite awesome.  I had the WHOLE day to myself! I could do whatever I wanted.  Rex took off work so he could watch Aiden and Sam for me.  Talk about an angel!  So I spent all day working on Aiden's digital scrapbook and FINISHED it! Woohoo!!  Then later that evening, we dropped the boys off at Grandma Dixie's house and went to PF Chang's for some delicious Mongolian Beef and Lettuce Wraps.  MMMmmmmm.  Rex got me a pair of earbuds that actually block out sound and fit my ears.

And last but not least, OUR 7th ANNIVERSARY... actually hasn't happened yet.  Well technically it did, but we are still waiting for the right weekend to make a getaway when things settle down.  I'll fill you in on the details later when life calms down a bit.

So there you have it.  Congrats on reading past all the details and bitter sarcasm to get to this point.  We do have a great life - just a very busy one come summertime!

The Super-De-Duper END!

Comments

Michelle said…
Happy all those days to you!

I know what you mean about them not seeming so important. :) Although in actuality, you guys did a lot better than we did! :) My birthday? The day we moved (but, we did buy a DQ ice cream cake when we got here the next day). Mother's Day? Andy's graduation. Our 7th anniversary? I forgot until the night before when I saw a card from Andy's mom in the mail and said "what holiday is coming up?" and Andy said "Um, our anniversary, tomorrow?" And Father's Day? the kids and I were a day late on that one... I'm planning to do better next year! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown