Mom's One Line a Day - end of August Thru September
When I was at BYU I got meself a little journal that I thought I could handle. It's called "Mom's One Line A Day" and only has enough room for a few sentences each day. Perfect for me and my inability to stay awake once I get my teeth brushed at night. Since I will probably hang onto the book I make out of my blogs much longer than the journal might make it, I'm posting my entries on here. If it's too personal, I'll just leave it blank. So here goes:
20 - I told Aiden that after I finished eating my dinner we could play video games together. Since I was taking longer than he liked, he sat on my lap and finished half my plate for me. :)
21 - After spanking Aiden for throwing things around his room in one of his "angry monster" attacks, I found Sam waiting for me outside the door. He took my hand and said, "Good job, Mom." Glad to know a 3 year old approves of my parenting skills.
22 - Finished painting the basement bathroom late last night and got all the furniture from Ikea this afternoon while the boys were at school. Exhausted, but HAPPY! :) (28 weeks pregnant)
23 - Cute pudgy Sam hands sticking out the window to feel the rain - best site to see out my rear view mirror while driving. :)
24 - Went to the temple with Rex tonight. I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend. I love being able to talk with him, share my concers or insights with him, and most importantly - laugh with him. :)
25 - Finished staining the deck with Rex. I hurt.
26 - Wasn't looking forward to teaching music time in primary because I had so little energy. Turns out having this calling gives me energy. I love being the primary chorister!
27 - Played high-n-seek with the boys outside this morning. They are so cute how they make noises on purpose while hiding to make sure I'll find them.
28 - My visiting teacher came by for the first time in a long time (she's new but my old VT's didn't do much.) For as much as I hate visiting teaching, I sure like being on the receiving end. :-/
29 - I love Rex! I feel so happy just driving in the car with him or building Ikea furniture together.
30 - Watched the closing speakers of the Republican National Convention on TV tonight with Rex. I really hope and pray that Mitt Romney wins!
31 - Best play activity ever: Skate park with bikes and toy trucks (while the big scary kids are at school). The boys loved it and I could sit and enjoy watching them the whole time.
2 - My brain is too mushy to think of anything to write...
3 - Slipped on a pee puddle in the bathroom and sprained my hip/groin/tummy muscles. Love my boys. :)
4 - Sam decided to paint our NEW basement carpet with a paint roller dipped in green paint. Bless that child...
5 - As a joke, I asked Aiden to help me say the prayer at dinner tonight. To my surprise, he agreed and helped me line by line. Rex and I struggled to keep from laughing out loud.
6 - Aiden asks me every morning if the baby has come out of my bum yet. Such a charmer.
7 - Decided this is my last month for teaching piano until January. I'll have a recital at the end of the month and then sit back and enjoy maternity leave.
8 - After helping me make tomato soup, I left the boys in the kitchen for a bit. When I came back, Aiden and Sam excitedly told me they added "salt" to make it taste better. It turned out to be a full jar of red pepper flakes. :)
9 - Rex shaved my legs for me in the shower this morning because I hurt my back. Now that's love. :)
10 - Our washer broke and the boys ran out of undies. I therefore bought 20 pairs. However, Aiden won't wear undies that don't have a "flag tag" and none at the store had soft tags. So I just sewed ribbon loops onto the backs of all his undies. Oh the hoops I jump thru...
11 - Found a green caterpillar this morning with the boys. I was so impressed with how gently they handled it and took turns holding it. Such sweet boys.
12 - I got soaked walking my umbrella-and-raincoat clad sons to school in the rain today. I figured enough was enough and bought myself and umbrella and raincoat on the way home.
13 - Pregnancy is not for wimps. It's for whiners. :)
14 - I stayed in bed most of the morning because I was feeling really sick. Sam informed me that I needed "medi-thin" and got my vitamin c drink for me. What a sweetie.
15 - Hid upstairs watching "Merlin" and knitted the baby cocoon for CADE (yes, we've picked a name.) It was most lovely.
16 - Ate ice cream and played "Don't Spill the Beans" with the boys for a (maybe) Sunday tradition. It was fun and cute. Sam and Aiden definitely thought the object was to spill the beans.
17 - Well it finally happened. Aiden fell off the top bunk bed in a front flip. He barely flipped in time to avoid snapping his neck. I am SO relieved and thankful Heavenly Father is watching and protecting us.
18 - My body is doing all sorts of strange things. I can't sleep at night because I'm not tired, then I flip to being exhausted and sick but still can't sleep. Dang hormones.
19 - As soon as Aiden got out of the bath tonight, he asked for a comb and set to work fixing his hair. He ended up with a Mohawk and the sides of his hair fluffed up. Then he stopped and said, "I look gooood!"
20 - After lending all my 0-6 month clothes to my neighbor, she thought I had GIVEN them to her so she gave them away. So now I don't have any clothes for Cade. :-/ I may have cried and spent $60 at Target today on baby clothes.
21 - Went to the temple with Rex. The boys today were so sweet and helpful. I love my family.
22 - Went a little crazy cleaning the van today. It needed to be done, though.
23 - Took Rex to the airport after Sacrament meeting for the LAST time for this project. Yay!! Let's just hope the next one doesn't have to travel so much.
24 - Very tired. Very sore. Sam peed on me. Aiden pooped his pants at the park. I've seen better days.
25 - Got a pedicure in a massage chair while visiting teaching. That was totally the highlight of my day.
26 - Aiden woke me up this morning with a, "Hu-Prize!" (surprise!) as if saying "aren't you so glad to see me??"
27 - Sam is really in to headstands lately. It's cute... more so when he's wearing undies. :)
28 - Drove all day to Oklahoma. We had a late start due to losing the boys in Dixie's neighborhood before we left...
29 - Had a blast at the Tulsa State Fair with my family. Spoiled the boys rotten with rides, caramel apples, and light sabers.
30 - I sure have missed my Dad's fudge and popcorn. Yummmm!
August
19 - Day One to start this manageable journal! Just got home from Education Week at BYU with my Mom and Monica, and I feel like a whole new woman! Let's just hope I can keep this feeling of peace, joy, and hope from now on.20 - I told Aiden that after I finished eating my dinner we could play video games together. Since I was taking longer than he liked, he sat on my lap and finished half my plate for me. :)
21 - After spanking Aiden for throwing things around his room in one of his "angry monster" attacks, I found Sam waiting for me outside the door. He took my hand and said, "Good job, Mom." Glad to know a 3 year old approves of my parenting skills.
22 - Finished painting the basement bathroom late last night and got all the furniture from Ikea this afternoon while the boys were at school. Exhausted, but HAPPY! :) (28 weeks pregnant)
23 - Cute pudgy Sam hands sticking out the window to feel the rain - best site to see out my rear view mirror while driving. :)
24 - Went to the temple with Rex tonight. I'm so lucky to be married to my best friend. I love being able to talk with him, share my concers or insights with him, and most importantly - laugh with him. :)
25 - Finished staining the deck with Rex. I hurt.
26 - Wasn't looking forward to teaching music time in primary because I had so little energy. Turns out having this calling gives me energy. I love being the primary chorister!
27 - Played high-n-seek with the boys outside this morning. They are so cute how they make noises on purpose while hiding to make sure I'll find them.
28 - My visiting teacher came by for the first time in a long time (she's new but my old VT's didn't do much.) For as much as I hate visiting teaching, I sure like being on the receiving end. :-/
29 - I love Rex! I feel so happy just driving in the car with him or building Ikea furniture together.
30 - Watched the closing speakers of the Republican National Convention on TV tonight with Rex. I really hope and pray that Mitt Romney wins!
31 - Best play activity ever: Skate park with bikes and toy trucks (while the big scary kids are at school). The boys loved it and I could sit and enjoy watching them the whole time.
September
1 - It is so hard to "take it easy" when my nesting instincts are kicking in...2 - My brain is too mushy to think of anything to write...
3 - Slipped on a pee puddle in the bathroom and sprained my hip/groin/tummy muscles. Love my boys. :)
4 - Sam decided to paint our NEW basement carpet with a paint roller dipped in green paint. Bless that child...
5 - As a joke, I asked Aiden to help me say the prayer at dinner tonight. To my surprise, he agreed and helped me line by line. Rex and I struggled to keep from laughing out loud.
6 - Aiden asks me every morning if the baby has come out of my bum yet. Such a charmer.
7 - Decided this is my last month for teaching piano until January. I'll have a recital at the end of the month and then sit back and enjoy maternity leave.
8 - After helping me make tomato soup, I left the boys in the kitchen for a bit. When I came back, Aiden and Sam excitedly told me they added "salt" to make it taste better. It turned out to be a full jar of red pepper flakes. :)
9 - Rex shaved my legs for me in the shower this morning because I hurt my back. Now that's love. :)
10 - Our washer broke and the boys ran out of undies. I therefore bought 20 pairs. However, Aiden won't wear undies that don't have a "flag tag" and none at the store had soft tags. So I just sewed ribbon loops onto the backs of all his undies. Oh the hoops I jump thru...
11 - Found a green caterpillar this morning with the boys. I was so impressed with how gently they handled it and took turns holding it. Such sweet boys.
12 - I got soaked walking my umbrella-and-raincoat clad sons to school in the rain today. I figured enough was enough and bought myself and umbrella and raincoat on the way home.
13 - Pregnancy is not for wimps. It's for whiners. :)
14 - I stayed in bed most of the morning because I was feeling really sick. Sam informed me that I needed "medi-thin" and got my vitamin c drink for me. What a sweetie.
15 - Hid upstairs watching "Merlin" and knitted the baby cocoon for CADE (yes, we've picked a name.) It was most lovely.
16 - Ate ice cream and played "Don't Spill the Beans" with the boys for a (maybe) Sunday tradition. It was fun and cute. Sam and Aiden definitely thought the object was to spill the beans.
17 - Well it finally happened. Aiden fell off the top bunk bed in a front flip. He barely flipped in time to avoid snapping his neck. I am SO relieved and thankful Heavenly Father is watching and protecting us.
18 - My body is doing all sorts of strange things. I can't sleep at night because I'm not tired, then I flip to being exhausted and sick but still can't sleep. Dang hormones.
19 - As soon as Aiden got out of the bath tonight, he asked for a comb and set to work fixing his hair. He ended up with a Mohawk and the sides of his hair fluffed up. Then he stopped and said, "I look gooood!"
20 - After lending all my 0-6 month clothes to my neighbor, she thought I had GIVEN them to her so she gave them away. So now I don't have any clothes for Cade. :-/ I may have cried and spent $60 at Target today on baby clothes.
21 - Went to the temple with Rex. The boys today were so sweet and helpful. I love my family.
22 - Went a little crazy cleaning the van today. It needed to be done, though.
23 - Took Rex to the airport after Sacrament meeting for the LAST time for this project. Yay!! Let's just hope the next one doesn't have to travel so much.
24 - Very tired. Very sore. Sam peed on me. Aiden pooped his pants at the park. I've seen better days.
25 - Got a pedicure in a massage chair while visiting teaching. That was totally the highlight of my day.
26 - Aiden woke me up this morning with a, "Hu-Prize!" (surprise!) as if saying "aren't you so glad to see me??"
27 - Sam is really in to headstands lately. It's cute... more so when he's wearing undies. :)
28 - Drove all day to Oklahoma. We had a late start due to losing the boys in Dixie's neighborhood before we left...
29 - Had a blast at the Tulsa State Fair with my family. Spoiled the boys rotten with rides, caramel apples, and light sabers.
30 - I sure have missed my Dad's fudge and popcorn. Yummmm!
Comments