Sports Camp

Aiden and Sam initiated the summer with a week-long sports camp that taught baseball, soccer, and basketball for 3 hours every day.  They had a tournament on the last day so Rex and I were able to go watch them.  And let me tell ya.  It was pretty entertaining.

 
We arrived a bit early and got to see them playing baseball.  Aiden told me that he likes baseball the best because he can hit the ball.  He even dressed in his "coolest" outfit for today.  On the way to the camp, I heard him ask Sam in the back, "Sam, do I look cool today?"  To which Sam replied, "Yup!"  He really really likes his (HUGE) red "slippery" pants and his baseball bat shirt.


After baseball, the tournament began. 

Sam got off to a great start - being the only kid sitting down for the first play.

Then he jumped right into the action and chased the ball a couple times.
 
 In his excitement to kick the ball, he accidentally collided with the ball-hog (oops, I mean the sweet, active child) of the group.  Sam gave him a hug and told him he was sorry.

Sam realized that the jerseys were see-through...



And where was Aiden in all this fun, action-packed game??  Why taking a voluntary water break, of course!

Something happened - I don't remember what, probably another collision - and Sam needed some luvins.



Rex and Cade watched the game with bated breath.

Sam recovered and for a brief instant got control of the ball.  YAY!!  GO SAM GO!!!



Sam stopped to tell me that he "hit the ball one times!"



Aiden finally finished his 10 minute water break and went back into the game, only to be crushed that he couldn't get the ball in the goal because the ball-hog kid blocked it.  (Seriously, that kid was way too good for this class!!)



Rex gave Aiden a pep talk on the sidelines and told him that sometimes the "bad guys" get the ball, but it was his duty to stop them and keep on playing.  That convinced Aiden to try again.

That lasted a good... 30 seconds... when he became greatly discouraged that the "BAD GUYS ALWAYS WIN!" and decided to pout on the sidelines.  Being the good mother I am, I told him that he couldn't come off the field yet because the game wasn't finished.  (And it was an incredibly cute shot to take with the camera.)
  


The game ended just in time for a thunder storm.  The boys were exhausted but happy and earned their soccer balls.  After asking the boys what their favorite part was about sports camp, Aiden replied "I got to hit the ball!" while swinging his arms with an imaginary bat.  Sam answered, "Getting a fwee shirt!"
And that about sums it up.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Phillips Phamily Just Got Phatter

Sam Richard Phillips

Brown