You Better Watch Out... Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
You remember Fondle Foddle the Elf, right? After making quite the traumatic first impression with our boys, he's been making up for it with some cute gestures and gifts of marshmallows and puzzles and candy canes. Sam's even come around to liking him, especially when Foddle surprised them with some new snow boots one snowy morning. That being said, the boys have taken to heart the idea of being good because someone's always watching... creepy!
They've also picked up on the idea that Santa is REAL and brings you presents come Christmas morning. (Took them long enough, huh??) It all started one day at the store when Aiden saw a toy he really wanted but I wouldn't get for him. I told him to write Santa a letter and tell him about it. Aiden, being the literal preschooler he is, wrote Santa A letter... a couple letters in fact. Ya know, of the alphabet variety. He wrote Santa all the letters he knew, bless his heart. :)
They've also picked up on the idea that Santa is REAL and brings you presents come Christmas morning. (Took them long enough, huh??) It all started one day at the store when Aiden saw a toy he really wanted but I wouldn't get for him. I told him to write Santa a letter and tell him about it. Aiden, being the literal preschooler he is, wrote Santa A letter... a couple letters in fact. Ya know, of the alphabet variety. He wrote Santa all the letters he knew, bless his heart. :)
Then later I took the boys to the Outlet Mall so they could see Santa. To say they were extremely excited would be an understatement. I also told them that there'd be a HUGE Christmas tree that is supposedly famous here in Castle Rock. I'm not all too familiar with the Outlets so I assumed the first relatively big tree I saw was THE tree. Looked kinda raggedy and pathetic to me, but oh well, I took a picture of the boys in front of it anyways. (Turns out the real tree was a couple stores down and we totally missed it. Sorry boys. Next year.)

Then on to SANTA! Aiden ran up to Santa, stood in front of him, and said that he wanted a gun (the Nerf variety). Then he ran back to me. That was it. Then Sam ran up to Santa, held up his gloved little hands and said, "Look at my sticky gloves!" And ran back to me. REALLY BOYS?? So I forced them to go back to Santa, sit on his lap, and take a picture. Oy. All that build-up for nothing. We're still getting the hang of this Christmas thang supposedly.


Comments